Remember that all-green piece? Well, this is what it looks like now:
I overdyed it wet with a flag fold and mixing 1 spoon of bright red, 3 spoons of basic yellow, and about one spoon of the bright yellow. It's not the prettiest piece out there, but I really like it.
Next up is the turquoise circles piece.
This one was supposed to be overdyed wet, but I got so excited about overdying that I just threw it in the bag right away. The dye is 1-2 spoons of earth blue and 3 spoons of basic blue. I double rubber-banded the circles to try and keep them intact, and it pretty much worked. I like how the circles have a few pinkish lines that snuck in there. This is definitely a boyfriend piece.
The last one I have is a newly dyed piece:
I was trying to make this a deep red, but it came out this deep fuscia color that looks pretty good. It was a wet accordion fold with one loose rubber band holding it in place. The dye consisted of about 3 spoons of basic red, and then I spilled my "drop" of basic blue and ended up putting about 2 spoons in. In the end, it was a happy accident and I love it.






No comments:
Post a Comment