Number One
The first piece was scrunched in a nylon and dyed with 3 spoonfuls of Earth Yellow and 1 of Earth Blue.It's actually more difficult to see the pattern in person, so this picture actually looks better than the piece itself. I wish the pattern was more noticeable, but this way I have a really good piece to over-dye. And, I must admit, I really love this green.
Number Two
This piece was done up in a flag fold, wetted, and dyed with 3 Earth Red and 1 Earth Blue.The purple color is really muted and dusty, and I love that. The edges aren't exact, which gives a really cool effect in the creases. Although, this doesn't really look like the example piece. I don't think I got it wet enough, so next time I'll make sure not to baby it.
Number Three
This piece was done with rubber bands and 4 Turquoise. It was wet.I love that this looks like water, and I love how vibrant this turquoise is. Again, I wish I had done a better job in getting it wet.
Number Four
This piece was scrunched and dyed with 3 Earth Yellow and 1 Earth Red.This one might be my new boyfriend.
After I had dyed it, I realized that I hadn't scrunched it the "right way," but it was too late, so I didn't let myself worry about it. So I'm super happy that I didn't try and "fix it" because I would have ruined it. Looks like my creativity mantra is already working after all.








No comments:
Post a Comment